The Cloud Industry Forum was established in 2009 to provide transparency through certification to a Code of Practice for credible online Cloud service providers and to assist end users in determining core information necessary to enable them to adopt these services.
The Cloud Industry Forum (CIF), is a company limited by guarantee, and is an industry body that champions and advocates the adoption and use of Cloud-based services by businesses and individuals.
We use our resources to support a credible and certifiable Code of Practice that provides transparency of Cloud services such that consumers can have clarity and confidence in their choice of provider.
Our ambition is to bring business consumers and suppliers of Cloud Services closer together in a trusted and sustainable marketplace.
• To sustain a credible and certifiable Code of Practice for the Cloud Industry.
• To continually encourage the widespread adoption of the Code of Practice by industry players.
• To champion the widespread adoption and use of Cloud services based upon the trust and assurance that can be achieved through the Code of Practice.
• To leverage the Code of Practice through international affiliations and partnerships.
• To support other appropriate Cloud-based initiatives that complement the purpose of the Code of Practice (such as standards bodies seeking to provide common standards for security, privacy and interoperability).